Posts Tagged backup
Ever since the release of iOS 5, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch owners can sync iPhone contacts with the iCloud service. This page explains how to perform iPhone contact sync via the iCloud through a number of steps as seen below.
Many people rely on iCloud as a means of syncing and in addition backing-up their iPhone contacts. iCloud is the mainstream sync method for most iPhone users’ contacts.
Syncing your iPhone contacts with iCloud – the steps:
- Navigate to the iPhone Settings and from there chose the option which is named iCloud
- On the newly-opened slide, you will find what kind of data can be saved to the iCloud service. Items include Mail, Calendars, Reminders, Notes, etc. For now we will only store the iPhone contacts: slide the Contacts-field button to the right to turn on the contact backup service
- You might be prompted whether to Merge your iPhone contacts with the ones you have on the iCloud already. If this is the first time you access the iCloud this message will not appear. Note that if you previously backed up your iPhone via iTunes on your PC (called iOS backup), the message will appear. Just click “Merge”
- Next, wait until the iCloud service is turned on for your iPhone contacts
- Finally, go back to the Contacts app on your iPhone. Refresh your contact list by clicking on the circular arrow in the top left corner
This is how to turn the iCloud service in order to save your iPhone contacts online.